I love Callum's nursery so very much . . . that's what I can do. Our old apartment with the "nook" that was Callum's home was alright, and we could have survived in it, but being able to upgrade him to an entire room of his own has been
amazing! He has an entire room that he can tear apart and terrorize without stressing me out or hurting himself. It's just plain awesome. And it's so stinking CUTE! I know it's not the most posh or pulled together nursery ever---it could never be in a catalog or a magazine---but I am thrilled that it came together so beautifully despite all of our old, mismatched furniture and low (read: zero) decorating budget. It features his cute mini-crib (which actually is nice and new since it was a gift), the cute painted dresser, the reupholstered blue miniature armchair, bookshelves full of books from my classroom library, ABC foam mats that Callum loves to pull apart, and shelves displaying my awesome puppet collection that I used in my elementary school classrooms. I am thrilled with the way that it turned out, and so is Callum. It's quite an upgrade, wouldn't you say?
From this little "nook" . . .
. . . to this fabulous, colorful space!
4 comments:
What a beautiful, spacious nursery! And I love the storytelling chair. He's going to love it and have so many good memories of it! And it matches the litle ABC blocks perfectly. What great in-laws to come fix it up for you
-- Chelsea, who didn't want to sign Kevin out and then sign myself back in
Are you kidding! It is so adorable. Who wants posh? You really want liveable and functional and cute!
I'm very proud of your Lost Skeleton of Cadavra reference. :)
I loveit! It is great what forced budget creativity can do! That chair turned out great I want to learn how to do that! Very fun. it is really big!
Post a Comment