This is my "China Lady" costume. My sisters and I have all worn some variation of it over the years. I bet you're wondering why I'm holding stuffed llamas who are in costume. (Well, unless you know me well. Then you are already familiar with why I would be holding said llamas.) This was after a class Halloween party. I used these llamas in my classrooms like puppets, even though they aren't actually puppets. They have outrageous personalities and my students always loved them, even in North County St. Louis! Interacting with the llamas was one of the only times that I ever saw those kids act like actual KIDS. And yes, I did make their costumes (not the ears . . . my mother-in-law made those). Man am I a dork!
1. What is your all time best Halloween costume?
I'm not sure about "all time best," but one of my best costumes is my "China Lady" costume, as shown above. It consists of PJs I had made in China, a black wig, and a rice picker hat, both of which I also bought in China. My students always LOVED it when I wore it at school!
2. What is your favorite Halloween tradition?
I actually haven't done my favorite Halloween tradition in a few years. It is the "Halloween Goblin." There is a little poem that you print out on a ghost and you drop it on someone's doorstep with a treat and they have to put the ghost on their door and pass it on to two other people and so on and so forth. When I was young I loved seeing the ghosts marking the doors of more and more people in the neighborhood each day, and I also did it as an elementary school teacher to other classrooms. It is so much fun.
3. What is your favorite Fall tradition?
I would have to say making and eating copious amounts of chocolate-chip pumpkin bread. Yum!
4. What is your favorite book?
There are so many to choose from. I would say that the Harry Potter series is my favorite. A few adult books that I love are The Hiding Place, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn, and anything Jane Austen, among others. My favorite children's novels include The Tale of Despereaux, The Princess Academy, and anything Roald Dahl. Some of the picture books that I love (there are so many!) are Where the Wild Things Are, Quick as a Cricket, Angelina Ballerina, the David Shannon "No David!" books, and anything by Kevin Henkes, among many, many, others. I love to read!
5. Name 3 great things that happened to you today.
Today has just begun, and this week has been spent at the pediatrician and up all night caring for my sick little boy who has croup, so let's go back to this weekend. 1 - Logan's parents came into town for the weekend and we were able to do fun things like go to the zoo and go out to eat. 2 - My mother-in-law took me on something of a shopping spree at the Baby Gap. Cal has one heck of a winter wardrobe now! 3 - We found out that Logan's parents are going to give us a new computer for Christmas. Hooray! They are so generous.
6. What is your all time favorite dessert?
So tough. But I'm going to have to go with warm cookies. Yum.
7. Tell me something you look forward to doing in the next month.
In the next month I look forward to showing off my little rhino at several Halloween parties and going to Utah for Thanksgiving to see family and friends.
8. Tell me something you are going to give someone else for Christmas. (I need ideas!)
Well, I can't be too specific because most of the people who read my blog will be the recipients of said gifts, but I think it's safe to say that I will be giving out homemade jewelry and/or framed pictures of Callum to some of the people on my list. I may also give out one or two of Rachel's calendars.
Thanks for the fun giveaway Amber! I hope I win!
1. What is your all time best Halloween costume?
I'm not sure about "all time best," but one of my best costumes is my "China Lady" costume, as shown above. It consists of PJs I had made in China, a black wig, and a rice picker hat, both of which I also bought in China. My students always LOVED it when I wore it at school!
2. What is your favorite Halloween tradition?
I actually haven't done my favorite Halloween tradition in a few years. It is the "Halloween Goblin." There is a little poem that you print out on a ghost and you drop it on someone's doorstep with a treat and they have to put the ghost on their door and pass it on to two other people and so on and so forth. When I was young I loved seeing the ghosts marking the doors of more and more people in the neighborhood each day, and I also did it as an elementary school teacher to other classrooms. It is so much fun.
3. What is your favorite Fall tradition?
I would have to say making and eating copious amounts of chocolate-chip pumpkin bread. Yum!
4. What is your favorite book?
There are so many to choose from. I would say that the Harry Potter series is my favorite. A few adult books that I love are The Hiding Place, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn, and anything Jane Austen, among others. My favorite children's novels include The Tale of Despereaux, The Princess Academy, and anything Roald Dahl. Some of the picture books that I love (there are so many!) are Where the Wild Things Are, Quick as a Cricket, Angelina Ballerina, the David Shannon "No David!" books, and anything by Kevin Henkes, among many, many, others. I love to read!
5. Name 3 great things that happened to you today.
Today has just begun, and this week has been spent at the pediatrician and up all night caring for my sick little boy who has croup, so let's go back to this weekend. 1 - Logan's parents came into town for the weekend and we were able to do fun things like go to the zoo and go out to eat. 2 - My mother-in-law took me on something of a shopping spree at the Baby Gap. Cal has one heck of a winter wardrobe now! 3 - We found out that Logan's parents are going to give us a new computer for Christmas. Hooray! They are so generous.
6. What is your all time favorite dessert?
So tough. But I'm going to have to go with warm cookies. Yum.
7. Tell me something you look forward to doing in the next month.
In the next month I look forward to showing off my little rhino at several Halloween parties and going to Utah for Thanksgiving to see family and friends.
8. Tell me something you are going to give someone else for Christmas. (I need ideas!)
Well, I can't be too specific because most of the people who read my blog will be the recipients of said gifts, but I think it's safe to say that I will be giving out homemade jewelry and/or framed pictures of Callum to some of the people on my list. I may also give out one or two of Rachel's calendars.
Thanks for the fun giveaway Amber! I hope I win!
No comments:
Post a Comment