Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Hard to Feel So Helpless

Callum is sick. Very sick. He has croup, and it is really scary to me. Sadly, he seems to have inherited my wimpy immune system rather than Logan's ironclad one, so he picks up colds and bugs everywhere he goes. We have dealt with mild fevers, runny and stuffy noses, and sore throats, but this is different. It's pretty scary to hear your baby with a barking cough like that in the middle of the night and to know that they are in pain and having trouble breathing. I hate it. Tuesday night was full of scary coughing, wheezing, stuffy noses, crying, not sleeping, and a fever. It was miserable. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and last night was much better than the night before. He is definitely still very sick, but at least he (we!) got a little rest last night and it looks like he's on the mend. The extremely thin silver lining to this situation is how snuggly he is and how he just wants me to hold him all of the time. He is usually such a perpetual motion machine that the only time I can get him to sit still with me is when he is nursing, but in the last couple of days he has wanted to just sit and snuggle. Sometimes he even wants me to hold him in the cradle position and he lies there looking up at me sweetly. He is so dear. It makes me feel so good that he loves and trusts me so much and that he is comforted just by being near me. That knowledge is of great comfort since I can't really do much of anything else to help him recover at this point. Please keep him in your prayers.


Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: Logan's parents came for a fun weekend visit. They spoiled us rotten!!! I will blog about it once I get the picture CD of their visit from them.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a little dear heart. I wish I was there to hold him. Hope he gets better soon!

Rachel said...

OH NO!! I'm so sorry, Sary! I love him! I will pray for him!