Sunday, November 1, 2009

Old Friends are the Best!


Beautiful Brittany and the two little ones, Callum and Lydia.


This week I got to see my dear friend Brittany and her husband Ben.  What a treat!  Ben and Brittany were in my group when I lived in China teaching English, and they were two of my closest friends and supporters there.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I also miss them!  They moved to Arizona while Ben was in dental school, but now they are living in Kansas City while he is doing his pediatric dentistry residency.  Kansas City is much closer than Arizona!  Hooray!  :)  Brittany and Ben came down to St. Louis for a couple of days last week to go to the St. Louis Temple, and to see us and meet Callum, of course.  They have four kids (wow!), most of whom I have never met, so it was so much fun to get together with them and catch up.  We had all sorts of fun plans that involved the zoo and the lovely parks of St. Louis City . . . and then it poured rain the entire time that they were here.  We met up at the St. Louis Science Center instead and went to dinner at Fitz's.  Sadly, it was pouring rain even harder the next morning, so they just cut their trip short and headed home.  I was sad to see them go, but not TOO sad, because now that they live so much closer I know that I will be able to SEE THEM AGAIN SOON!  HOORAY!  I love you guys!  Thanks for coming to visit!

Callum's possible future wife, Lydia, shows him the ropes of crawling into a room with a slanted floor.


Britt's other three kiddos (with Cal): Leilani, Leighton, and James.  Cuties!

Best Thing Since I Last Blogged:  HALLOWEEN!  Duh!  Unfortunately, I left my camera at a friend's parents' home way out in the suburbs, so it may be a few days before I get it back and can post some pictures.

Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged:  RAIN.  I hate rain!  It has been gray, dreary, and pouring buckets every day this week.  That won't do much to brighten a girl's mood, let me tell ya!  Miraculously, not only did it not rain yesterday (Halloween), but it was gorgeous and sunny!  A perfect St. Louis fall day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad it was so nice yesterday. I think I had my first sunny and HOT Halloween in memory. I seem to always remember bundling up to go trick or treating.

Rachel said...

Cuties! We are going to contact them about the residency soon!

malibumoons said...

I think that is SO cool! I wish I coudl hang out with you guys. I know how close you guys are, so I am super happy you guys got to connect. makes me really miss those times in China.