When I moved to Saint Louis I decided to go to develop a skill that I have always wished that I had: jewelry making. A girl that I went to church with at the time was an amazing jewelry maker, and once a month she hosted a night at her home where people could come to learn how to make jewelry. I was hooked instantly. Fast forward two years. That girl has long since moved away, and they wanted to restart the jewelry making group, so they asked myself and my good friend Ann Brown to host it each month. While neither of us can compare in talent or skill to the original host, our combined efforts do a pretty good job of helping people learn. Ann is a big thinker, and she came up with the idea that the two of us should work like mad and do a big jewelry sale in early December where our friends could come to buy holiday gifts for themselves and others. I agreed, and we have been working like
crazy to get ready for it. If any of you readers out there live in Saint Louis then please come! The details are below, and a slideshow of pictures of some of the pieces that we have already made are at the top of the sidebar. Many more pieces will be made in the next week, and we hope to see you there!
It's a Jewelry Party!
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Place: The beautiful lobby of The Hawthorne Apartments
4475 West Pine Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63108
7 comments:
Hey Sarah-just a thought. If you are ever interested in starting up your own small business making and selling jewelry I am your woman. I can teach you everything you need to know from keeping it small and simple to having your own site. Might be a way to bring in some extra bucks. Good luck at your show!
thought you were going to have some pictures! oh well, I'll see them saturday. fun pictures--you can tell it's a nice camera. but he's always cute anyway.
just kidding--I see the pictures! cute!
I wish I lived near you! I'd come make jewelry with you! I love what you've done. I don't know if Laura told you - I worked at a bead store for a while. It's definitely addicting!
I'm excited for the show! Can't wait...
Sarah, if you guys just got an iMac, that means we can iChat and show our kids to each other.
hey, I wish I could have made it- the day was just a crazy one and I didn't get a minute to swing by until exactly 1:00. Hmmm is there anything left?
Post a Comment