Feeding Callum has NEVER been my favorite thing to do. NEVER! Not with breastfeeding, and not with very messy pureed foods. He grabs the spoon, smears the food all over his face and in his hair, throws food, and just generally makes a giant mess. If I try to prevent any of these things from happening it just results in screaming and a giant fit. This has been getting more and more difficult now that my boy is getting older and so independent. He wants to feed himself but has very questionable spoon-control skills, and he has a choking problem, so we're afraid to give him lots of chunks or pieces of food. But he is slowly learning, and he seems to be happier when I at least pretend that he is in control. Here are a few pictures of the process on a day several weeks ago when I was trying to convince him to eat avocado. The mess was actually pretty minimal since he flat-out refused to eat most of it and therefore didn't have much food to work with.Saturday, November 28, 2009
Food Drama
Feeding Callum has NEVER been my favorite thing to do. NEVER! Not with breastfeeding, and not with very messy pureed foods. He grabs the spoon, smears the food all over his face and in his hair, throws food, and just generally makes a giant mess. If I try to prevent any of these things from happening it just results in screaming and a giant fit. This has been getting more and more difficult now that my boy is getting older and so independent. He wants to feed himself but has very questionable spoon-control skills, and he has a choking problem, so we're afraid to give him lots of chunks or pieces of food. But he is slowly learning, and he seems to be happier when I at least pretend that he is in control. Here are a few pictures of the process on a day several weeks ago when I was trying to convince him to eat avocado. The mess was actually pretty minimal since he flat-out refused to eat most of it and therefore didn't have much food to work with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the second picture. Sam even said, "Hey, that one's really cute!" High praise.
Post a Comment