Monday, November 9, 2009

Did you say something?!



Last Sunday, November 1st, Callum said his first purposeful word.  What was it?  "Mama."  I was beyond overjoyed.  It was the sweetest sound that I have ever heard.  We weren't sure at first that he really meant it, but he did it very clearly with an obvious purpose twice within an hour.  The first time he was hungry, but I was trying to finish something before nursing him and I told Logan to take Callum into his nursery to distract him.  As soon as Logan set him down on the floor Callum looked at me and started racing toward me and called out, "MAMA!"  Logan and I were both a little stunned.  About an hour later Logan was trying to put Callum into his crib for a nap that he didn't want to take.  (Naturally.)  Callum saw me walk by and looked at me with desperation in his eyes and, once again, called out, "MAMA!"  It was so exciting!  Logan was jealous.  :)  You may be wondering why I would wait an entire week to post something as exciting as Callum's first word.  Blame my dad.  I was all excited when I called to tell him, but then he laughed at me and told me that I was kidding myself.  I got such a complex about it that I didn't write it on Callum's calendar of events or in his baby book, but Logan was adamant that I needed to, and it does seem like he is right and my dad is wrong.  My little sweetie loves his mama!  It seems like he is starting to figure out "Dada" now, so I doubt that his next purposeful word will be far away.  What a little dear heart!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cutest! He needed you. :) I expect to hear him say Laura by Christmas.

Sarah said...

So precious! And, oh man, those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on some awesome language skills, "mama."

SDtheblogmeister said...

If he had said "grandpa" I would not have doubted the authenticity of the utterance.