Sunday, November 8, 2009

Turtles and Leaves

I have a lot of things that I want to blog about, but I am overwhelmed by all of the catchup that I have to do, so I am going to start with this weekend and add in the other posts as I find the time.  Look for a bunch of updates this week.

I love it when Logan finishes rotations because it means that we get an entire weekend to ourselves.  This weekend we were doubly lucky because the weather was PERFECT!  It was like a perfect spring weekend, except that it was making its appearance in November.  Amazing.  We took full advantage of the weather by spending Friday and Saturday outside.  Here's a photographic account of our two main activities:

Turtle Park


Within Forest Park there is a lovely little sculpture park called Turtle Park.  Predictibly, the sculptures consist of various sized turtles.  We have seen signs for it and been curious about it, so we finally took the time to visit our turtle friends on Friday.  (Spencer Carlson would have been so terrified!)  Callum looked awfully cute sitting bravely in the mouth of a snapping turtle!  We also took time to swing on the nearby swings.  Check out the look of pure glee that Callum is giving his Dada!




The Botanical Gardens 


The Saint Louis Botanical Gardens is one of our favorite spots in Saint Louis.  It is so beautiful, and it is free to city and county residents on Wednesday and Saturday mornings.  Saturday morning we decided to take advantage of the weather by heading to the Gardens to admire the lovely fall leaves.  The temperature got up to 75 degrees!  I was mad at myself for not busting out my short sleeves and flip flops!  We stopped by the pond in the Japanese Garden to feed the fish.  Callum was fascinated!  And then he promptly fell asleep in his stroller.  All that excitement can really wear a baby out!

3 comments:

KevandChels said...

Oh, I just LOVE those gardens. Nothin' like having your own personal gardners across the street to take care of acres and acres of beautiful land in the middle of the city:)

Laura said...

Funnest! Looks like Cal actually likes swings now. He still just kinda sat there staring at us when we tried in the Buff.

Marie said...

can you tell i check blogs once or twice a week? that picture is so funny of callum with his feet up!!! we should do something tomorrow and I'll drive...