Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whit and Cal: Cutest!

Can I just tell you that I have fabulous cousins? Because I do. I have been extremely blessed in the family department. Remarkable and wise parents, sisters who are my best friends, devoted and spunky grandparents, aunt and uncles to whom I can turn and trust to be there for me in tough times, and cousins that are just so stinking fun to be around! On both sides! And now you can add to that list a phenomenal husband, adorable son, and generous and caring in-laws! What a blessing. Last week I got to see my cousin Whitney, whose parents are my Auntie Muriel and Uncle John that live down the street from me. Their kids don't come through Saint Louis much anymore, but I always love to see them when they do. Whit is the girl cousin who is closest to my age on either side, and I always despaired that I didn't get to see her more growing up. I think that we would have been dear friends for sure. She's awesome. Anyway, she was in town for a few days, and she took a little time to come meet Callum and hang out with me. It was a bright spot in my week! Aren't she and Cal cute together?! I hope she comes back to visit again soon!


Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: Callum is now pushing up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Looks like I'm going to have a very early crawler on my hands! (He's not even six months yet!) It's all very exciting. And terrifying. I can just see my freedom slowly rocking away before my eyes . . .


Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: Logan's on a rotation at a hospital in West County for the next two weeks, so Cal and I are stuck in the apartment without a car. What a drag!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm jealous! I never get to see those cousins anymore. Glad she got to meet little C.

Rachel said...

Cal is as smiley and cute as ever! And so is Whit!

The Carlson Crew said...

Super cute pic. Does Callum ever stop smiling? AND HOLY COW!!! Just read about your apartment move. I'm so excited for you. It will be SO nice to have a little more space...especially with little guy threatening to crawl soon. Good luck!