Sunday, September 27, 2009
Just So You Know . . .
. . . I'm not having a mental breakdown. This morning Callum was very out of sorts again, and his nose was so stuffed up that he couldn't breathe and suck on his pacifier at the same time. Well, I finally got him to hold still long enough for me to suction most of the snot out of his nose (which he hates), and now he is sleeping. He went down peacefully and he is sleeping deeply. There is nothing that could convince me to wake him, dress him, and haul him out of the house right now. He needs his rest. We both do. And for this reason we have to miss church. It occurred to me that if anyone from church read last night's mile-long venting post and then didn't see me in church the next morning they would assume that I was curled in my bed crying all day and unable to function. Happily, that is not the case. I just think that my little boy needs his rest. I am now going to go curl up with him and take a nap myself. Then Logan should get home a little early today since it's a Sunday and he stayed until 10:00 last night. When he does we will take a walk in the lovely fall weather, make ourselves a yummy dinner with an even yummier dessert, and work on the apartment until it's livable so that I can move on with my life. I think it's going to be a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope your nap actually happened today... Callum's nap too! :)
I'm glad you played hookie!! You needed it!
Rach
You know how everyone said that having a baby/raising kids was the hardest thing they've ever done? I had NO idea. No idea at all.
Post a Comment