Thursday, September 24, 2009

And He's OFF!!!

That's right, folks, my boy is officially a crawler. (Isn't this a great picture?! It looks like he's getting ready to start a race!) In fact, he has been crawling for almost two weeks now. He is only six months old, so he is a very early crawler. Of course, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by that since he's been doing everything early as far as his physical development goes. It is extremely exciting, and also extremely annoying since we moved into our new apartment last week and he has been leaving chaos in his path every time that he finds a new pile of things nicely waiting to be organized by his mother. The thing that motivated him to crawl so early? JUICE! He wanted my juice, so we watered some down in a bottle for him as a reward for his efforts. The video below is a clip of his cute (no longer) shaky little crawl of the first day. Another new development is that he is suddenly extremely aware of me and everything that I am doing. He wants to be able to see me all of the time and he is desperate for me to hold him and play with him every second of the day, which is a little tricky when you are trying to move into a new apartment almost virtually alone because your husband is always at the hospital. He follows me around the apartment on his hands and knees. His new found interest in me is alternately endearing and annoying, depending on what I am trying to accomplish at the time. But, for the most part, it makes me feel very loved and appreciated. I am all too aware that a day will be coming in the not-so-distant-future when he will show no interest in me whatsoever. Now Callum seems to be getting ready for the next step, as he is already pulling himself up to standing on any furniture he can find that is the right height. (He actually started doing that only two days after he started crawling.) Yikes. My freedom is gone, people. I just watched it crawl right out the door . . .

3 comments:

Natalie Allen said...

James was also a very early crawler, and a few days after he started crawling he started climbing the started climbing the stairs. So I know how you feel!

Chelsea said...

Eek! Such a mixed blessing!

Laura said...

He began crawling only because Grandpa was there, and he wanted to impress him. (Can you guess who is sitting next to me?) :) LOVE YOU!