Friday, September 25, 2009

A Weekend With Aunt Taren

Last weekend we had yet another visitor: Aunt Taren! (I know---the amount of visitors that we get is insane! It is obviously Callum, since before we had him visitors showed up only once in a blue moon, and now it seems like we have one every weekend!) Taren is Logan's youngest sister, and of all of Callum's relatives she is the one who has gotten the least one-on-one time with him. We are glad that we got to remedy that tragic fact! She is also the aunt with the fabulous camera that always takes zillions of pictures, so, naturally, I have zillions of pictures to add to this post. Every time that I do one of these zillions-of-Taren’s-pictures posts I tell myself that it’s the last. They just take SO FREAKING LONG! But then the next time there are just so many great pictures that I want to share again! Curses! Oh well, good thing our internet connection is moving quickly today. As usual, we took our visitor to Pappy's BBQ (Can you tell that Logan is obsessed with that place?!) and to the Citygarden to splash. While at the Citygarden we also did a little photo shoot of Cal in his beyond-fabulous rhinoceros Halloween costume that his McKenna grandparents bought for him, but those pictures can not be revealed prior to October. It just wouldn't be right! :) Aunt Taren and Cal also spent hours playing on the floor in his new and improved room. I was amazed by how patiently she played with him for such long stretches of time without seeming to get bored. What a great quality for a future mother to have! The most unusual thing that we did that weekend was going to the liftoff event of the annual hot air balloon race that begins in Forest Park. It was very cool. Enjoy the pictures! (I confiscated "Dot" the camera and managed to take quite a few pictures of Taren and Cal together this visit! Hooray!)

Around the House

Callum enjoyed making a huge mess (as usual) while Aunt Taren tried to feed him in his big boy highchair.
He may look sweet and innocent, but MAN does he keep busy and get into a lot of mischief!

First up: trying to eat Aunt Taren's brush of course! Yum!


Next thing: having Aunt Taren build stacks of blocks over and over to topple down. (He loves to knock them over even though it scares him a little bit every time they fall.)


On to the soft blocks! (This is the updated, chubby-cheeked version of "birdface.")

Who, ME?! Getting into my mother's neat piles of books and tubs waiting to be organized in the new apartment?! NEVER!!!

Whew! All that mischief can wear a boy out!

All ready for church in Aunt Morgan's sweater. Um....check out those eyes!!! How jealous am I?! (Very.)
The Hot Air Balloon Races in Forest Park

What a happy pair!

CUTEST!

After watching the balloons and walking around for awhile we laid out the nifty waterproof blanket that Grandma Paulette gave us and just played.


"Dada" just wanted to play . . .

. . . but apparently that infuriated Callum enough to give Dada a knuckle sandwich! Yikes! :)

Despite all of the people and sights to see, what did Callum find the most fascinating?! Why, Mother's shoes, naturally!
-----------------------
Energizer is a Saint Louis based company, and the Energizer Bunny balloon (seen in the background) is a big deal in the balloon race. Everyone was wearing these foam ears, but no one looked as cute as my little Cal-Pal! I found them to be particularly appropriate as well, since, like the Energizer Bunny, my little "perpetual motion machine" just keeps going and going and going . . .

Just like that bunny, he's outta here!
The Citygarden
This picture cracks me up. I love Callum's stance and the look on his face---so serious! I also love that the Citygarden sign is behind him in exactly the right location.
-----------------------------------
Here we are having a little pre-splashing fun at the big fountains. Callum loves to look at them, but they are too large and vigorous for such a little guy. Next summer splashing at the big head will be old news and it will be all about running through these water spouts! I can't wait!


Crawling around in our favorite spot---the running water in front of the big head. What a cutie!

Such a beautiful place right in the heart of the city!

WE LOVE YOU, TAREN!!! COME BACK SOON!!!


Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: The weather has cooled off! I love fall in Saint Louis! Halloween season, here we come!

Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: Callum took a very scary (and painful, I am sure!) fall off of our bed. He crawled right off of it and landed head first on the wood floor. (I thought Logan was watching him, Logan was half-asleep and delirious. Oops.) It was extremely traumatic for all three of us, but he bounced back surprisingly quickly and seems no worse for the wear.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Fun!!! How come we didn't go to the city garden? Darn. Guess I will just have to come again.

Maegan said...

Oh so cute! Sarah he is adorable. I love his rolls.

Morgan said...

He's wearing my sweater!!! I'm so proud!!