Triplets at De Mun Park!
(and a photo shoot of Oscar)
Aren't these just about the cutest little boys you have ever seen? Two of my closest St. Louis friends, Jessica and Ann, bought the same checkered romper for their boys that I bought for Callum when we found them for only five dollars. We may be dorky like that, but aren't our boys cute?!While we were there I took some pictures of Oscar for Jessica. I know he's not my kid, but I am still in love with him. He is my little boyfriend. I was pretty pleased with the way these pictures turned out. But it may be less about my photography skills and more about the chubby little model that I had....
This one is the best. Do you think this boy likes watermelon?!?
Springtime at the Zoo
Just as all of his tiny peers love animals, so does Callum. LOVES them! It has been such a joy to take him to the zoo this spring. Last time it was warm enough for the zoo he didn't really GET it. He was so little that he knew he was watching something, but it could just as well have been a video of an animal to him. No longer. He is fascinated by the animals and loves to roar at them. His list of mastered animal sounds is getting quite long and impressive, but that is a subject for another post (hopefully with video examples).
Mother's Day
I had a lovely Mother's Day this year. Last year it was a non-event, which did not surprise me. Logan is not the best at this stuff. But this year he made me divine scones for breakfast and took care of Callum in addition to cooking dinner and dessert while letting me take a nap after church. I also got a lovely bouquet of pink tulips. I felt very pampered, relaxed, and spoiled. I love my boys so much!
Babysitting Buddies
I am still babysitting my friend Emily's little boy, Noah, one day a week. We love having Noah around! He is a really great kid and he and Callum love each other so much! They run around making a huge mess and entertaining one another. One of their favorite things to do is look out our fourteenth floor window at the view, and it always has been. Look how much they have changed!
October 2009
May 2010
Sesame Street
Callum has discovered Sesame Street. We have been watching vintage Sesame Street classic songs, including Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, Elmo's Song, Elmo's ducks, and I Would Like to Visit the Moon, which is one of the lullabies that Logan has been singing to Callum since he was born. Callum's favorite ones are the Elmo songs. This little boy looooooves Elmo! As soon as he saw the songs he discovered with brand new delight that he owned a Tickle-Me Elmo, which was a gift from his great grandparents for Christmas. The other day he took a nap with his arms wrapped around it lovingly. It was insanely cute.
Clomping Around in Daddy's Shoes
As you can tell from this post, Callum is becoming a classic toddler. (Except cuter and smarter, in my own unbiased opinion.) :) He now takes great delight in wearing his Daddy's shoes. He also ocassionally takes to modeling Mommy's. Isn't he glamorous? He is going to kill me someday for posting this picture!
Swimming at the Thomas' Pool
L to R: Callum McKenna, Isaac Newman, Owen Brown, Benjamin Durant, and Oscar Haslam
We have been taking full advantage of the warmer weather with lots of splashing at fountains and---even better---swimming at the Thomas family's pool. Callum loves it there! (As do I!) Between the pool, Dakota the dog, and all of the attention and snacks that Jane heaps upon him, there is no place that he would rather be. Jane and family are so generous to open their pool and home to us, not to mention to lots of our friends! Here is a picture of just a few of Callum's little friends who have had the opportunity to swim in the Thomas' pool. Jane loves babies, so she is a little bit obsessed with the picture of these five guys. :)
Two More Cute and Funny New "Skills"
Callum's favorite book (which, unfortunately, belongs to the library) is the Raffi storybook for the song "The Wheels on the Bus." He loves it when we read it or sing it to him, and he loves the motions. Last week I walked into his nursery and saw him with the book open on his lap and his arm stuck out, circling "round and round, round and round, round and round." It was darling.
Now at church during the hymns, and even occassionally at home while listening to cds, Callum waves his arms to "conduct" the music. Our little, blossoming musician . . .
Coming Soon: Callum's first ribs at Pappy's, the story of Callum and his "Uncle Lion," the joys of a "big boy" crib, climbing like a monkey, animal sounds galore, and an explosion of language. Stay tuned!




4 comments:
Fun!
It was so great to see you and your precious family! I can't believe what a doll Callum is! Miss you already!
So cute!! I can't wait to see you guys!! Love you!!
I hadn't heard that wheels on the bus story. What a cutie!!!
Post a Comment