Friday, May 14, 2010

A Visit From Bapa

Check out these studs!

Callum enjoyed a visit from his Bapa Mike recently.  That is his word for Grandpa.  He started saying it while my dad was here, and he hasn't stopped.  He walks around the apartment pointing at pictures of my dad and saying, "Bapa!"  It seems that he needed to see him in person to cement the relationship, so we'll work on naming Logan's parents specifically in June when we go to Utah for a week.

Bapa was here for a long weekend that, as usual, wasn't long enough.  We had tons of fun going to the park and the Magic House, and we got to see the Thomas family and go out to eat with my Auntie Muriel and Uncle John as well.  The pictures really narrate the weekend better than I could.

As a bonus, Bapa decided that it was unacceptable for Callum to still be sleeping in his mini crib, you know, since he's the same length as the mattress and all, so he bought him a BIG crib!  I picked one out online which is so darling, and which converts into the cutest toddler bed, and we got it all ordered.  When Logan came home I showed him the pictures of our "new" crib and he said, "Um, Sarah.....isn't that the same crib that we already have?"  Sure enough, I picked the EXACT same design, only this was the full sized version.  I guess I have a distinctive taste in cribs.  :)  Unfortunately, they aren't the same COLOR.  The first one is a pretty, dark wood color and the new one is black because I thought it would go with the colorful dresser better.  And it will, but if our kids ever shared a room it would be insanely cute to have a big and little version of matching cribs.  Now they'll be different colors.  Oh well!  I certainly can't ship it back! 

Bapa also decided that Callum needed a tie, so he bought him the cute striped one in the picture above, plus two different sizes of vested, suitish-type church outfits that we found on sale.  I haven't taken a picture of those yet.  Cal is going to be quite the dapper boy at church!

The Magic House
Oooohhhhh.....
Tea anyone?
A new display has awesome vintage toys to play with.  Check out this one "popping" in mid-air.
Typical.

De Mun Park
Cal's latest quirk is to go down all slides backward.  Strange.
However, this strange habit makes it safe for him to go down any slide alone, even the huge ones.
Look at that face!  Pure glee!

It was so wonderful to have Bapa here!  We miss him so much!  We are really looking forward to spending a couple of weeks with him in June!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Look at the outfit I bought him . . . INSANELY cute! :) I love how dad looks so happy in all of those pictures. He looks young again. Man, he is in heaven.

Sarah said...

Oh, your sweet dad is just lovin' up his time with the that ADORABLE grandson. I love that Callum goes down the slide backward - too cute. And hooray for a big boy crib!