There is a little park near our home called De Mun Park. It is a mere short drive away, and it is my new favorite place. I love it. It is in the beautiful, charming (and wealthy) city of Clayton, so it is quiet, clean, and safe.
Part of De Mun's magical appeal lies in the fact that it is completely fenced in, which means that I can relax for long enough to look away from Callum to answer my phone or find my sunglasses without having to worry that he'll run into the street. It's impossible. He's trapped. I love that. For this reason it is my new favorite place to take Callum and Noah (the two year old that I watch once a week) for picnics. We eat and then they play without my having to worry that they'll take off or get into trouble. It has become something of a tradition to meet my friend Jessica and her fatso Oscar there each week while I'm watching Noah. I am going to be profoundly sad when she leaves on Friday for the entire summer.
Callum and his buddy Benjamin were delighted to find the drinking fountain not draining, and therefore just right for splashing! I love my camera. It is so fast that you can see the individual droplets flying through the air. (Loving sigh . . .)
The rest of the appeal is that there are two playgrounds at this park, separated by a nice grassy picnic area. The "baby" side of the park is ideal for my little adventurer. He is extremely independent, and he has become an expert climber, so he likes to play on the equiptment all by himself. I sit on the blanket gabbing with Jessica and any other friends who have joined us and just watch from a (small) distance as he climbs up the stairs and goes down the tiny slides over and over on his own. It is amazing. It is fabulous. It is magnificent. It is SO LIBERATING! I feel like a free and independent woman while we are at De Mun Park, and that it why I just can't get enough of it. Maybe I should go there right now . . .
What a guy!





4 comments:
My favorite thing about those pictures is his killer kicks. :) I love those shoes!
Awesome park. Darling boys!
First of all, your comments make me SOOOO happy. Secondly, your pictures are all beautiful. Third, and finally, I am very excited to learn about De Mun Park. I knew it was there, I just didn't know how fabulous it was. I've made a mental note and filed it away for future reference.
Three cheers for DeMun!
Post a Comment