Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Since We've Been Home

Since we've been home I have tried to spend a lot of time outside with Callum.  We've been walking to playgrounds most mornings so that he can play and I can get a little exercise, with the added benefit of us both getting quite tan! 

We've also been trying to spend lots of time with friends.  Our first Saturday back we headed to Grant's Farm with our friends Tori, Dan, and Alexis Cox.  We hadn't been to Grant's Farm before, and it was really fun, but next time we will definitely wait until we have a day that is less than 90 degrees and not so amazingly high in humidity.  We were all melting!  The highlights of the day were feeding goats bottles of milk, riding the carousel, and running through the misters over and over and over again.  (Did I mention that it was freaking HOT?!)

 How could anyone NOT love that boy?!?

Since we've been home Callum has started echoing more and more of our words.  He used to talk occassionally when he'd want to, but he is now also echoing us occassionally when we want him to, for instance, "Say, 'More, please.'"  He also started asking for pineapple, talking about his toy whale (a-hole, actually....haha), cheese (which sounds suspiciuosly like juice), shoes (which sounds suspiciously like cheese), and please.  I wish that I heard that last one more often.  I'd better get used to that feeling!

1 comment:

Laura said...

He looks so gleeful on that carousel!