No one knows how to do obsession quite like a toddler. Callum has had many obsessions, including dogs and balls, but the most recent two are ducks and brushing his teeth.
Duck, duck, duck. I hear that all day! He wants to wear his duck slippers, find ducks in books, play with his rubber ducks, and, most importantly, watch Elmo singing about his four ducks on YouTube. Last week a flock of geese crossed our path while we were walking in the park. Let's just say he was a little bit thrilled. Last week when Noah arrived for babysitting Callum strolled up to him in his duck slipper carrying his largest rubber duck. He ceremoniously held out the duck for Noah to take, but Noah rejected the duck and pushed it onto the floor. Callum was crushed!!! It was pretty hilarious, actually, and Noah apologized profusely.
"Brush teeth?" "Brush teeth?" Anytime I get anywhere near the bathroom it's all about brushing teeth. It's really just because he likes to suck on the bubblegum flavored toothpaste, but I still think it's hilarious. The first time he said it I thought I must have heard wrong. He must really love brushing his teeth to learn how to ask for it this young! Silly, silly boy.

4 comments:
He rejected the duck?! I would've been crushed too. :)
Uncle Ryan will be pleased to know about the teeth brushing!!
Maybe you have a budding dentist on your hands . . .
well who doesn't love those awesome duck slippers?
Post a Comment