My little Cal Pal is already four months old! (And looks much older since he's ENORMOUS!) Logan and I were reminiscing about how it seems like he has been in our lives forever, not for just four months. He is growing too fast!! His four month doctor appointment went well, except that the nurse doing his vaccines wasn't as good at it as the normal one, so she had to poke him three times just to do the last (of five) shots. Poor baby. Although, I can't really say that it was entirely her fault, because he was thrashing quite ferociously and he's shockingly strong. He was not pleased, but he calmed down once I picked him up to snuggle and feed. He weighs a whopping 17 pounds 12 ounces and is 25 3/4 inches long. So he is still super fat (95th percentile this time), but at least he is also getting tall (75th percentile). And look what he can do! Roll over and hold that head up high and proud! What a snoog! Now if only it wasn't so utterly exhausting to lug around an 18 pound baby all day long...... I have no idea what I am going to do several months from now. My poor back!
Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: I think that I may actually get something of a tan this summer! I used to be ridiculously tan during the summers. One of our funny childhood stories is when my pale, blonde younger sister Rachel and I were little. My mom looked at my arm and said, "Sarah, you are as brown as a berry!" (I know, I know, I don't know of any brown berries either, but, nevertheless, it was one of her funny sayings.) Rachel didn't want to miss out on the compliments, so she stuck her arm up eagerly and said, "Look, Mom, I'm as green as a frog!" Anyway, since I am no longer in high school and no longer have either the time or the desire to lie baking in the sun all summer, and I have no reason to be in the sun all of the time anymore like I did working at camp for all of those summers, I am pretty much pasty all year long. But this summer I have been taking Callum swimming at our dear friends' house (Jane and Matt Thomas) at least once a week. It's never for long, because even under the shade on his floaty thing he gets tired easily, but it is slowly building up a bit of a nice glow. Hooray!
Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: The bugs have made a comeback. Don't ask me how!!!! I have kept the kitchen sparklingly clean, but last night when I turned on the lights in the kitchen at 11:00 they were swarming about. I screamed in horror and rage...so loudly that I woke up Callum and then Logan yelled at me. :) I hate those freaking bugs!!!
3 comments:
I WANT THAT PICTURE!!! Talk about cute. I also died laughing at the mom story. As I get older, I realize more and more that her sayings made no sense. For example, what is with "You're a sight for sore eyes" being used as an insult? Um, nice try Mom.
Wow. They grow so fast. I hope I somehow get to see him before he is walking! Sorry about the bugs. That stinks.
Just think of the stories you'll have to tell your big little guy about apartment living.
Post a Comment