Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Diet Derailed

Today has been an incredibly dull Fourth of July. Logan is still working nights at the hospital, so not only is he gone tonight so we can't go out and watch fireworks together, but he also slept all day. In our old apartment we had a lovely Arch-view of the St. Louis skyline, so I at least could have looked at the fireworks from afar when left here alone with my baby, but this apartment faces the wrong way. I can actually hear them going on....I just can't see them. Sad. And we have no T.V. stations, so I can't even watch a fireworks display on T.V. But the saddest part is that we were supposed to go to a friend's BBQ this afternoon, but it got rained out. I thought it was going to be relocated, but, alas, it was actually reSCHEDULED for next weekend. Of course I found this out AFTER I had found the time and energy to bathe Cal, shower myself (miracle!), and make a huge pan of cheesecake brownies. Once I found out that the BBQ was canceled it made me realize that once again I was going to be stuck inside our little apartment all day alone with Callum while we tried to be quiet so Logan could sleep. It did not take long for me to find comfort in about a third of the pan of cheesecake brownies. (At least.) I guess that baby weight will just have to wait a few more days to start coming off! :)

6 comments:

Kev and Chels said...

Oh! I'm sorry you had a bummer 4th! Know how that goes. Kevin had off today but will be doing night float for Christmas and New Years. Bummer. I'm trying to gear up for the craziness I'm sure will hit us and find comfort that, from intern year, things pretty much can only get better:) OB is a hard one to start with! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with some of the other rotations now that you've started with one of the zingers! And now he's getting it out of the way too! Wish we could be there to keep you and Callum company. Visit the gardens on Wednesdays and Saturdays for us! We miss you guys too!

Rachel said...

What a bummer! You totally deserved the brownies!

Laura said...

Super lame. But I would have done the exact same thing. :)

tmckenna said...

I'm sorry about your sad day. But we loved the picture of Callum you sent, and you can take comfort in the fact that I'm burning another copy of the Oregon pictures as we speak!

Jessie's Jargon said...

I wish you could have been here to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from our backyard bbq. I miss you!! :)

Sis. Stokes said...

I feel ya. I had my gallbladder removed last Monday and then got the flu. I spent a lot of time indoors not doing much. Though, I didn't really want to go anywhere so I guess I can't exactly feel your pain. I do know how hard it is to bathe a baby and a mommy and accomplish a dessert like that. I'm impressed! I don't even see any baby weight on you, however young lady. You're a stick! Though vomiting and surgery is not a way I would recommend to lose any weight because it reduced my milk back to the days of delivery and it's no fun and not healthy, but I did put on a pair of prepregnancy jeans today (my fat jeans). That felt pretty awesome. It would be hard to say no to brownies like that anyway. Yum!