This week is a momentous one. Callum has slept through the night three times in a row. AND, most importantly, I have not gotten any plugged ducts or infections as a result. MIRACLE! You see, we have been actually waking him up for middle-of-the-night feedings because of all of the plugged ducts and breastfeeding complications that I have been having. Seems ridiculous, I know. I was getting really frustrated with it, because, not only can I not skip a feeding and give him a bottle if we're out during the day (even though he is great about taking a bottle), but I couldn't even allow myself a halfway decent night's sleep without getting a plugged duct. Or worse. But three nights ago Logan set the alarm wrong and we accidentally slept until he woke us up crying at 6:30 a.m. (The feeding before that was at 11:30 p.m.) I was overjoyed, especially when I didn't feel any pain coming on later in the day. This has now repeated itself three times, so I am one happy mama! About six hours straight three nights in a row (Plus he goes back down for a little bit after the 6/6:30 feeding!) has made me a much happier camper. Still a tired one, but much better. I'm hoping that his bedtime will eventually get earlier than 11 or so (working on it!), but for now I am just counting my many blessings. We are heading in the right direction!
Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: The weather has been really lovely here. I need to make more of an effort to get out and about in it with Callum!
Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: Callum has an eye infection. Poor little sweet pea!
5 comments:
Isn't it amazing what a little sleep can do for you? Parenthood sure makes you appreciate a full night's sleep!
Well you can still dump him in my bed in the mornings! Cutest!
Yeah!! That's so exciting!! He is SO precious! It's hard to imagine the girl who used to run into school 5 minutes before it started, going on such little sleep :) I'm glad you are on your way to fabulous sleep! XOXO
Hooray for babies who sleep through the night!! Oh man, that makes all the difference in the world. I haven't commented in a while, and just have to say how awesome the Medical School Musical looked! What a party - and Logan looks hilarious. I hope Callum keeps up the sleeping, and you can enjoy some much-needed rest.
hope you're having fun in colorado. sorry that Logan has to come back--I wish it had been Blake because we're just here!
Post a Comment