Friday, April 16, 2010

Kiss Him . . . He's Irish!

As most of you know, Logan has a lot of Irish and Scottish ancestors, hence the name McKenna.  That is why he thought it would be fun to give our little boy an Irish name---Callum.  It's a strange name here, but one of the top baby names in the U.K.  In St. Louis there is a neighborhood called Dogtown, and Dogtown has a whole lot of Irish pride!  Our first year here St. Patrick's Day fell very close to Easter.  I was driving through Dogtown a couple of days before Easter and noticed the marquee of one of the churches.  It read, "It is a blessing to be Irish."  Ummmm . . . what about Easter Sunday?!  That is how enthused these peeps are about St. Patty's Day.  I had heard about how wild and fun the Dogtown St. Patrick's Day parade is, but I'd never been before.  My friends Tori Cox and Jessica Haslam organized a group to get together and go, and you know my little Irish leprechaun had to go!  I even went to Old Navy to get him an adorable St. Patty's Day outfit.  It is technically pajamas, but I think he looks like a leprechaun, and that's good enough for me!  Now if only my little leprechaun would show me where he keeps his pot of gold . . .
This is Oscar.  His grandma made him this outrageous hat.  He is my boyfriend, and he is obsessed with me.
Am I a lucky girl or what?!
Jessica and Oscar made an interesting new friend . . .
Tori and I had to hoist our little ones up onto our shoulders so that they could see over the crowd!

Thanks to my friend Careen for snapping all of these pictures and sending them my way. 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

OSCAR IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!! Oh, and Cal is pretty cute too!. :)

Laura said...

I second what Rachel said. I always knew Callum was adorable but those pictures of Oscar are something else!

Angelavon said...

Callum and Oscar are SO adorable in their green!