Wednesday, March 10, 2010
He Walks.
Did I mention that my son can walk? I'm not sure how this happened, but I seem to have forgotten to mention it. Truly! So here's the announcement: CALLUM CAN WALK! Does that feel anticlimactic to you? It does to me. Wanna know why? He took his first steps TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AGO! How in the world did I forget to mention this?! He started taking a few steps here and there when we were in Colorado for Christmas, and by the time we went to visit Laura and Sam in California mid-January Callum was a professional walker. The timeline as far as his age goes is that the first steps were taken at 9 1/2 months old, and he was a pro at ten months. Wow. Logan was an early walker, too. All he seems to have inherited from me is curly hair and a feisty streak. Awesome. At least his feisty streak doesn't show its ugly head very often. Contrary to what many parents may believe, early walking is not a 100% fabulous thing. For instance, some of my friends are just barely babyproofing their homes, and Callum has been tearing our home apart for months now. He is also not content to be carried or to sit in his stroller for as long anymore at places like the mall, because, hey, he's a big kid now....shouldn't he be allowed to walk around, too?! Oh yes, and pull all of the clothes off of the hangers and toys off of the shelves?! But for the most part I love it. He has always been bursting with energy (my dad refers to him as a "Perpetual Motion Machine"), and now he can be even more independent. He putters around the apartment all day, happily creating havoc everywhere he goes. I also love how funny and cute he looks walking around. You don't see many kids that short toddling around. When we are in public people always get such a kick out of him! I love it. I am sad that the magic window of his amazingness is going to close soon. (Let me explain: To me he will never fail to be amazing, but when people see a tiny baby walking or saying a word they think it is remarkable and oooh and aaah over him. When they see an 18-month old or older doing the same thing it's just expected. Sigh. He is growing up too fast!) But for now, he is AMAZING! Not many 12-month-olds can book it through a store and make their mom run after them. I love my little wild child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, walking is awesome! I would much rather deal with the baby proofing and stuff than deal with a grumpy frustrated baby, who wants to be walking but can't! At least that is how it was with James, Michael doesn't seem to care too much about moving. He's 9 1/2 months and barely crawling, he does army crawl around, but not very efficiently. It's fun how different they all are.
Post a Comment