Callum is learning how to use a spoon successfully. He still stinks at it, and it is frustrating because we have to balance letting him try and forcing him to let us feed him so he'll actually get some of the food in question into his belly. He would be better at it if we would let him practice more, but at least he's getting a tiny bit into his own mouth for now.
Callum is fearless. Seriously. Maybe I should be worried about the many trips to the hospital for stitches that I see in his future, but I am mostly just delighted and amused by his antics. It would be such a drag to have a wimpy baby who wouldn't do fun things that I know he would like! Callum just jumps right in and tries things, and I love it. Although it can be a little dicey since he has decided that he adores slides, but he can't seem to distinguish between a small, baby-friendly slide and a "big kid" slide, so if he beats me to them on the playground he dives down them (often face first) and just zooms away. Oh well. I hope he doesn't break his nose! :)
Callum is becoming a very vocal fellow. He waddles around babbling to himself all day. Some of his words are clear and distinguishable, but most of it is purely nonsensical babbling, along with coos, raspberries, "singing," and tongue clicking. He is a delight.
Callum will do anything to make mischief and to be able to pull things off of shelves that he isn't supposed to be able to reach, so you can imagine his delight when he realized that he could climb onto the leg of the elliptical machine and pull down these frames. He seemed so happy up there, until we began to see a pattern. He would be happy and giggly, but after a while he would start fussing and crying urgently. Yet he was STILL up there! He was stuck. We were highly amused. I mean, it's not much of a step down!
One of my favorite friends, Jessica Haslam, had a Valentine's Day cookie decorating shindig. (Well, the term "shindig" may be a bit grand since there were only three of us there, but it was very exciting nonetheless!) My cute friend Tori was our third. It was a fun (and delicious!) afternoon!
Jessica and I with our fatties, Callum and Oscar. Cutest!



3 comments:
If I remember right, your own dear mother had more than her fair share of trips to the hospital for stitches for her kids. Maybe you will be paid back. :) Hey, try just letting Cal have a spoon and you have a different spoon. Maybe you already thought of that, but that is always what works for us.
I love that Oscar can't keep his tongue in his mouth. What a doll!
Um Oscar? Are you kidding me? What a cutie!!! And Callum looks absolutely precious up on that leg. I LOVE HIM! I must say that I found it ironic that he was too much of a wimp to step down off that thing and the very next sentence said what a daredevil he is. What the?!?
Post a Comment