Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Aunts Arrive!

After weeks of pining away for him, Callum's Aunt Rachel and Aunt Laura (my little sisters) finally got to come and meet him! They are beyond obsessed. To say the least. They each came for about a week, and they overlapped for a couple of days. Those couple of days were a blast...but completely exhausting as well. We went for walks, watched funny TV shows while Callum ate, played bocce ball in the park, visited the Botanical Gardens, snuggled, gave Callum baths, slept, and, most of all, ATE!!! All of the Westover girls have always loved to eat---especially sweets---and Rachel was the instigator of our many food-related outings and activities this trip. Of course, Laura and I teased her about it and blamed it all on her, but when she left we still managed to "need" a treat every single day. Maybe it wasn't all her fault after all. :) I am supposed to be losing my baby weight, and so far had been doing so successfully, but after they left I was dismayed to learn that I had gained several pounds that week instead! Oh well, at least the road to my poochy belly was a delicious one. :) Enjoy some pictures cataloging their visit.

Callum and Aunt Rachel on Easter Sunday

Callum and Aunt Laura, the King and Queen of Drama :)

Squeaky clean and cute as a button!

Aunt Laura and her Ducky Little Nephew

Aunt Rachel and Callum modeling their hoods!

Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: I am feeling better! Also, Callum is now sleeping in the crib in his nook. What a big boy!

Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: Callum is sleeping in the crib in his nook. He is growing up too fast!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What cute sisters you have. How fun to have them there and dote on little Callum. He is adorable, Sarah. Oh, and super exciting about him sleeping in his crib! Congrats - that's a big accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Man, I love your sisters...and you look fantastic my friend! Callum looks just like you I think. Love the pics...keep em coming!