
This weekend Logan played the role of Miles Gloriosus in
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Most of you are probably wondering where a medical student would find the time
to do such a thing. Fair enough. The answer to this riddle is that it was in a musical put on through the medical scho

ol. Each year a group of medical students gets together and puts on a musical. It is cast entirely of medical students (and their significant others, if they so desire) and student-run. We're talking producers, directors, tech, orchestra,
everything. Becuase of this, they only practice on Saturdays until the very end, and they can easily arrange to have test weeks, etc. off since they all have similar commitments. Logan can be pretty shy, and he is not usually very social with his class, so this has been great for him. He gets to do something he loves and interact with his classmates at the same time! Last year the show was
Bye-Bye Birdie and I did it as well. (He, naturally, was Albert, the male lead, and I was Mrs. MacAfee, a supporting role.) This year I had other things to do. Such as give birth. His role this year was a supporting lead, and it was as far an opposite from his true character and personality as I can imagine. He played an arrogant and cruel Captain in the Roman army. And he rocked it, I must say. Very funny! He parents came out for the weekend to "see the show" (a.k.a. Callum). It was fun to have them here. Callum loves it when we have visitors because he gets spoiled rotten. He is snuggled all day long and never put down. Even during naps. Lucky boy! Enjoy the pictures of my dashing Roman soldier (who is now clean shaven, by the way---I can't
stand kissing a beard!). I love the one of him and Callum. They are both looking at the camera so seriously, and Callum is even raising a menacing little fist. :) Also, Logan's mom made his costume. Pretty cool!

If you go to church with us, look closely! That "girl," who Miles thinks is his dead bride-to-be, is actually Michael Dobson in a dress. Classic! :)
MILES' FANS


2 comments:
That is so cool that you guys still utilize your theatrical abilities. You are both so talented. Maybe you can join Logan again for the play next year!
How fun! I'm going to have to ask Brandon about this and see if he participated. He used to want to be an actor when he grew up, can you imagine?:)
Post a Comment