
A little over a week ago my sister Laura was complaining to me that "some people" (a.k.a. me, I can only assume) never update their blogs. I think I've made up for that since then! :) Today I am happy to be blogging that I am DONE preparing for the arrival of my little Cal Pal, at least as far as physical preparations go. I don't think there's really any way to truly prepare emotionally. But his nook is set up, his things are organized, his dresser is painted, his clothes are pre-washed and organized by size and season, and a couple of cases of diapers and wipes have been purchased at Sam's Club. Hallelujah. I do wish his nook was bigger (like, as big as a REAL nursery), but I will admit that it's pretty darn cute, and I think it's going to work

well. Not quite as cute as I had planned though, because we bought a shelf to put up above the mini-crib for all of my cool puppets to sit on to give it more of a "real" nursery feel, but then we discovered that the wall above the crib seems to be made of solid rock and is impossible to drill or nail into successfully. Oh well. My main project was painting a dresser for his things. Our good friends the Thomases gave us a dresser from their basement that they used long ago when they had their first baby. At the time Jane had painted it white with little black stripes and pink knobs, so I just added bright colors in between the black stripes and painted the knobs red. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! Someday it will have a changing pad on top of it with a bright red changing pad cover (which I finally found one of at babiesrus.com....I'm not super big into pastels, which is pretty much the only thing that anyone seems to make for babies), but it isn't currently in the budget, so that will have to wait a few more weeks or so. The last physical preparation is a packed hospital bag, which is my #1 "To Do" for this evening, so we are officially ready for liftoff!
5 days and counting!!!

7 comments:
The dresser is adorable - good work. And look at how awesome you still look in that picture. Seriously, you are only pregnant where the baby resides, the rest of you still looks tiny and great. You're getting so close, we can't wait to hear about his arrival.
Oh, P.S. We have a changing pad on our dresser also, and I couldn't ever find a cover that I liked, so I actually just use one of our many blankets (the thin recieving kind), and it works awesome.
Be careful...I always went into labor the DAY after I packed my bag. Bowling also worked both times for me :) Good luck, can't WAIT to meet the little guy!
That dresser is amazing!! You are so talented!! You know somehow, someone is going to have to keep us posted once you go into labor!! XOXO
You look wonderful Sary. And the "nook" does too! I hope everything goes oh so super well for you and Logan and Callum on his big day! Lots of love!
That dresser is so cute! I can't believe how soon he will be here!
Love the dresser, sis.
Post a Comment