Saturday, February 21, 2009

Callum's Treasures

Callum has gotten so many amazing gifts from the people who love him, and he isn't even born yet! I wanted to post pictures of some of the beautiful handmade gifts he has received on the blog. I would like to note that he has also received many generous and wonderful store-bought treasures, but we've all seen things like cribs, strollers, and car seats before, so I'm only posting pictures of the homemade treasures. One more picture that will be added eventually is an adorable little sweater that my best friend Morgan is knitting for Little Cal. Cutest. Thank you to everyone!

Three of the six or seven AMAZING quilts that Logan's mother is making for Callum. Aren't they adorable?!? I love the bright colors!

A close up of one of the quilts. This one has cute little pockets and pinwheels. I love it!

Cute little knitted booties from Callum's Aunt Taren.

A cute bug-themed patchwork quilt (and stuffed spider) from my dear friend Chelsea.

Hand-crocheted blankets. The cute little blue one was made by Logan's Grandma Jo while she was on her own mission in Nauvoo (where we met). The gorgeous white one with the beautiful edge was made by my sweet Aunt Jackie.

This is an amazing blanket embroidered by Dad's longtime secretary (and family friend) Gitta.

Here's a close-up of the embroidery. WOW.

This fun basket was made by my Aunt Beth. It was made with a basic basket, fun Sesame Street tissue paper, and ModPodge. Callum's toys fit into it perfectly!

Five adorable receiving blankets made by Logan's mom with crocheted edges. You probably can't tell, but the brown one has little pirates on it. It's my favorite.

Sixteen similar crochet-edged burp cloths, five of which match the blankets, naturally.

And the greatest treasure of all: a burrito quilt made by my mom for my children before she passed away. It is not as elaborate, impressive, or time consuming as the others, but, for obvious reasons, it is the most treasured. She is on my mind constantly these days.



5 comments:

Moonsahra said...

I think your mom's quilt is wonderful. Having lost my mom almost 9 years ago, I have an inkling of what you are probably feeling. I'm sure she would be so excited.

Amber and The Boys said...

Those are all so beautiful-of course your moms is best of all. How incredibly special. She is so amazing that she is STILL leaving her special mark on the world.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh! So much for me making my lame by comparison burp cloths!!! Those are all killer, especially the quilts.

Jessie's Jargon said...

Wow. Callum does have a lot of amazing gifts already for not even being here yet. I am so happy for you. I didn't realize your due date was so close. Please let me know up on his arrival!

The blanket from your mom is so great. What a treasured gift. :)
I love you! Good luck with everything. Know I am thinking about you!

Sarah said...

What beautiful gifts from so many people who love you, and already love your little guy. That boy will feel adored every time he even spits-up :)