![]() |
| Uh Oh! The flour is everywhere!! |
![]() |
| Ahhh...boxes. It really is about the simple joys in life. |
Here's a little secret: we knew that her baby was going to be a boy long before the official announcement last week. The baby's birthmother had called and said that at her ultrasound they were 75% sure that it would be a boy. We were ecstatic, but also a tinge disappointed. Rachel wanted to have the first girl since I got to have the first grandchild, plus we're from a family of all girls. Of COURSE we want little girls of our own! We found out about the gender right before arriving at my friend Jessica's house to help her decorate for a baby shower that I was helping her throw the next day. Well, if you know Jessica Haslam then you know that she is full of unbridled enthusiasm! Sometimes it leads to classic moments like the one below. Enjoy.
Jess: Well?!? Did you find out??
Rach: Yep. It's a boy!!
Jess (arms thrown open dramatically to envelope Rachel in a hug): AAAAAA!!!!!!!! Are you thrilled?!?!
Rach: Yeah!! Well, I am, but I must admit that I am the tiniest bit bummed.
Jess: Oh, honey, I understand. I cried for days when I found out Oscar was a boy. But boys are FUN! There is soooo much cute boy stuff.....oooh! I know! Let's go to Walmart RIGHT NOW and buy a super cute outfit to get you excited!!!
Sarah: Uhhhhh....Walmart, Jess? I don't think that's really going to help.
Jess (laughing): Ok, fine, then we'll go to TARGET!!!
We know how to dream big. :) But we did indeed leave that second and go to Target, where we found enough cute stuff to last that baby the whole first year of its life! (Well, we didn't buy all of it, but it sure was a fun little impromptu shopping spree!)
It was a short but wonderful visit. I can't wait to see her regularly next year!!!!! See you SOON, sister!!!



6 comments:
Does this mean you and Logan are going to be moved close to your sister??? Just looking for hints on where you all are headed :)
XOXO
No fair. Rub it in, meanies.
I am so excited for Rachel and your family! What an amazing, wonderful time! And it will be fun for the boys to play together! Who would have thought the girliest girls out there would have the boys first? They will be the best-raised boys ever!
Have I mentioned I love and miss you!?
yay for Rachel! so happy for them and for you, who gets to be close to it all.
If only Rachel were here every week and we could always go late night shopping. Nothing like a 10:30 pm impulse target trip to add excitement to our lives. Can't wait to see pics of that little cherub in his hipster outfits!
Post a Comment