Monday, August 2, 2010

Do you know someone who is considering adoption?

Then please mention my sister and her husband to them! 

Many of you have already heard about this from me, but my little sister Rachel and her husband Ryan are hoping to adopt a baby. and they have been told that the best way to get chosen by a birth mother is to have some sort of connection or recommendation.  To that end, we are trying to spread the word to all of our family and friends in the hope that some of you will consider mentioning Rachel and Ryan if you know anyone considering adoption.  The adoption agency that they are using is affiliated with our church, but the birth parents do not need to share our religion, nor do they need to live in New York.  Also, Rachel and Ryan would love a child of any race or background.

For those of you who don't know Rach and Ry, I would like to let you know a little bit about them.  They are truly two of the most remarkable human beings that I know.  They are loving, lively, intelligent, accomplished, spiritual, and FUN!  Ryan is a dental student and hopes to specialize in pediatric dentistry for children with disabilities.  He is also an accomplished athlete and loves to get outside and play, especially snow sports, soccer, and tennis.  Rachel is a high school English teacher, but she is looking forward to being a stay-at-home mom and hopefully writing a book some day.  She is a fabulous singer, a great connoisseur of sweets (much like myself),  and gives 110% to everything that she does.  They have both volunteered extensively at the Hogar Del Nino, an orphanage in El Salvador for persons with disabilities, and Rachel runs a program through Help, International where she recruits and trains volunteers to live at the orphanage for several months at a time to enhance the lives of the residents.  I can not imagine two people more suited to being parents, and any child would be blessed beyond measure to join their family!  I look forward to someday soon being shown up as a mother by my little sister who has always outshone me in everything I've ever done!  :)  I am so proud of her and I love them both so much. 

Please take a minute to head to her blog and read her post about this, which includes more details, or to check out their adoption profile by following this link.  We would greatly appreciate any help in spreading the word about Rachel and Ryan via blogs, Facebook, etc.  If you are willing to put a "button" on your blog that links to Rachel and Ryan's adoption profile please let me know so Rachel or I can send it to you.

Thank you all for your love and support in helping this unique and outstanding couple get a baby!

Look how cute and fun they are with Callum!  Don't you think they need a little munchkin of their very own?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added her button onto my blog! GO TEAM RACH AND RY!!!! Praying hard for them! And...And...could a couple have more perfect teeth?! Of COURSE he is a dentist! Love you and your darling sissies!