Logan: "I'm not telling you."
Sarah: "Um....what???"
Logan: "I'm not telling you until we are face to face and you have eaten and are in a really good mood. I want everything to be perfect so that you'll have an open mind, because I really want it. It's the only name that I have ever heard that I think is as cool as my own."
Is this guy the cutest or what?!?! Before he revealed the name to me at home he explained that it was an old Irish name and that it is extremely popular in Ireland and Scotland, but it hasn't caught on over here yet. (This was verified by my Scottish friends from my camp counselor days.) I'll admit, when he told me the name I did just what everyone else has done when I told it to them since that time. I made a face and said, "What is it? How do you spell that?" He was DEVASTATED by my initial reaction. So much so that I immediately put on a happy, reassuring face and tried to convince him that I didn't mean to react that way. I really liked it and would consider it, I just hadn't heard it before. Sort of true. Since that time he has been wearing down my reserve bit by bit, and he has finally gotten me liking it and convinced that this is the name of the baby in my belly. We went through a stage where we had a list of four names we liked, and everyday we would try a new one out and see if it fit. No matter what name's day it was he would "accidentally" use his preferred name several times to "get it into my head that this was the baby's REAL name." He finds himself to be very, very sneaky. :) So, without any further fanfare, here it is, our first son's name:
Callum Michael McKenna
If you hate it....get over it. Or call him Cal. :)
Best Thing Since I Last Blogged: Logan found out that he got all honors on yet another round of tests! That's all of them so far this year! Way to go, honey!
Worst Thing Since I Last Blogged: We figured out that our radiators were on all of this time....we had just turned off the knobs last year. Whoops. To top it off, the majorly ghetto knob in the bathroom popped right off the radiator at some point today, and since we were both gone all day we came home to an apartment filled with the steam that was gushing from that radiator for who knows how many hours, condensing on the ceilings and wrinkling up several of my scrapbook pages that I just finished, among other things. Annoying!
6 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I truly do love it, and I'm glad your husband cares about the name of his son. Mine didn't always. Or he came up with names like Abram and Zedekiah. I'm LUCKY to have ended up with a name like McKay instead of Nahum or Zulu. Just kidding. Anyway, I love it and think it fits great.
BTW- McKay's name is Irish too. They can be little pals.
love it!! Very cool, original but not weird!
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I absolutely am a fan! What an adorable little snoogie name and better yet, it will be a strong manly name when he is older and wiser too! You are absolutely gorgeous...even in your candy heart pj pants...how do you do it? Love yer guts!
Dad says he's going to call the baby "Talcum." :)
Love you, Sis!
callum is a great name! irish names rock! hence my boys rohin and murphy! you'll have so much fun! rachel pond
Sarah, I think that name is fabulous! Way cute. I think it is neat Logan really wanted to be apart of choosing the name for his son! And way to be supportive! Any way I think you are wonderful (and having way too much fun being pregnant!)
Love, Britt
Post a Comment