Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Mom's Divine Pumpkin Bread Recipe!

I got several requests for my easy and delicious pumpkin bread recipe, so I'm just going to post it. It is so delish---try it!

3 1/3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon

Add:
1 cup cooking oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin

Mix well.

Add:
1 cup chocolate chips (or coconut or nuts)

Pour into 2 or 3 (depending on size) greased and floured bread tins.
Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Oh thanks! I will maybe make that this weekend-Josh would love it. I will think of your mama when I make it! (And you too of course!)

Karissa said...

I am totally gonna try this! I'll let you know how it turns out :)

Marissa said...

Sarah- I make this every year now and always think of you!! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

Heather said...

Sarah I LOVE your mom's pumpkin bread!!! I actually adopted your tradition, being a halloween/fall FANATIC myself, of making pumpkin bread every october after you gave me the recipe five years ago. I always think of you when I make it and that makes me happy! Plus eating it makes my stomach happy too, and everyone else's that eats it!